CONEXION LATINX, 2018
Travel Latina x Scarlet Macaw Trips
TRAVEL LATINA and SCARLET MACAW TRIPS are teaming up this spring to host the first ever CONEXION LATINX in the beautiful eje cafetero region of Colombia - specifically: SALENTO, one of the quietest, safest, most lush and inspiring places found in Colombia. Latinxs from all countries who would like to safely visit (or re-visit!) Colombia and expand their knowledge of/connection to Latin America are welcome.
This workshop will be dedicated to personal and professional discovery, cultural growth and understanding via dynamic workshops, fun classes and immersion activities, dialogue, art making, and professional, peer-to-peer seminars. Each participant will be encouraged to workshop their 'passion project' (Alexandra will present Travel Latina, for example) and leave the week with a new plan of action for moving said project into its next phase of evolution. We will use our surroundings, nature and outdoor activities, interpersonal exchanges, and local experiences to fortify and support our peer-to-peer workshops.
Details + FAQs:
Dates: 4 nights, 5 days (March 29 - April 2, 2018)
Cost per person: $280 USD early bird price (Jan. 23-Feb. 15, 2018), $300 regular registration price (Feb. 16-Mar. 15, 2018)
Where? Salento, Quindio, Colombia
Housing? Shared dorm room with other workshop attendees in modern, gorgeous hostals whose surroundings will double as the site for some TL workshops... *Private rooms are available to workshop attendees if you register by Feb. 15, 2018 - SMT will send you an updated price quote and link to available private room. Will most likely not be in the same hostal as the rest of the group, but close enough.
Flights to Colombia? Not included in the registration price. However, transportation between Cali and Medellin or Bogotá to Salento run from about 45 mil Colombian pesos and up, one-way (roughly $15 USD). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about travel or logistics in the area. Upon registration, SMT and TL will send you a welcome packet with all requisite info. needed upon arrival. Of course, we are happy to answer any questions beforehand!
Ground transportation? See above, not included in registration price.
Full itinerary? Activities below, more details released upon registration.
- Shared rooms in modern hostal in central Salento (4 nights)
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Salento
- Breakfast (5 days)
- Lunch (4 days)
- 3-4 TL workshops + materials, snacks + coffee/drinks (on-site in Salento)
- 2 yoga sessions with local yoga superstar
- 1 workshop with local artist (includes leather making with take-home gift, lunch, tips) in support of the Aldea de Artesania in Salento, a collective of local artists
- Transportation to and from Valle Cocora and included experience (includes lunch, tip to local guide, afternoon workshop with TL)
- Transportation to and from Finca Ocasa and included experience (private tour, lunch, tips and afternoon workshop with TL)
- TL workshops + materials to be provided by Travel Latina
- Arrive, settle in, dinner with other workshop attendees, opening convos and introductions
- Sleep peacefully in modern hostals (Coffee Tree Boutique, Luciernaga)
- Breakfast with TL workshop, enjoy stunning views of Salento!
- Yoga on site
- Opening workshop hosted by Alexandra Tracy of TL
- Break for lunch, included
- Afternoon workshop with local artisan, history of Salento presented
- Free dinner - suggested locations provided by SMT, roam cozy Salento with new friends, explore, regroup at your leisure at hostal
- Head out to Finca Ocaso for private coffee tour, learn about what makes Colombian land here so fertile, learn about import/export coffee processes, support local business, lunch on-site
- TL workshop hosted by Alexandra Tracy in gorgeous overlook at the finca
- Free dinner, evening at your own pace. Time for reflection or further discussion.
- Head to breathtaking Valle Cocora in jeeps for a morning hike
- TL workshop in region
- Packed lunch included
- Early afternoon free - Yoga available
- Last dinner together!
- Breakfast or brunch